MOT Centre Glasgow
Looking for a reliable MOT centre for your car or van in Glasgow?
Then look no further than me and my team here at Tradeston Performance. Based in the heart of Glasgow we are ideally suited to providing your annual MOT certificate and provide fast and affordable MOT testing for your car or van. We provide MOT testing services using state of the art equipment and can cater for all types of vehicles with our big 6.5 metre ramp. Whether it’s a Fiat Punto or a Porsche Cayyene we’ve got it covered.
No restest fee! Meaning if your vehicle fails its MOT there is no charge to retest it regardless of whether you get us to do the repair work or another garage to do the repair work.
We aim to provide a quality straightforward MOT Glasgow or MOT testing service for vehicle owners in Glasgow.
We provide a while you wait MOT glasgow for busy Glasgow vehicle owners. Simply call to book your MOT with us, bring your vehicle in at the allotted time and take a seat in our heated waiting room with complementary tea and coffee. We have qualified mechanics on site at all times from 9am to 6pm working round the clock doing MOT tests, vehicle servicing, mechanical repairs, bodywork repairs and all manners of custom repair and performance work at great prices to boot!
MOT's are important safety tests required by law for all drivers to make sure that there vehicles are safe and road worthy. An MOT also allows a mechanic to identify and notify you of potential future problems you may have with the vehicle.
A standard MOT test covers your vehicle's steering system, safety lighting, braking mechanisms, seat belts, exhaust emission, tyres as well as your vehicle's bodywork & structural integrity.
We MOT the following vehicles on a regular basis:
- Light commercial
Our highly qualified and experienced mechanics always carry out a fair assessment of any vehicle that goes up on one of our ramps.
We offer a car pick up and drop off service. Call us on 01414290919 to book your vehicle for an MOT today.
Most MOT's are done as a same day service.
We aim to offer true value for money for your MOT test glasgow and will not look to fail any vehicle unnecessarily- only if it does not meet current MOT specs.
MOT & Service Glasgow
Looking to get your MOT and vehicle servicing done at the same time? Then you’ve come to the right place. We provide great quality vehicle servicing at affordable prices. We only use genuine parts and our servicing work do not affect any warranties.
As true car service specialists in Glasgow we go the extra mile and can also update digital service records for your Mercedes , BMW’s and Audi’s providing the best possible value for our customers.
Prices for servicing using proper parts ( not cheap potentially harmful chinese parts) start from as little as £100.
MOT Test Costs Glasgow
Glasgow We are a VOSA approved MOT testing centre. We are authorised to carry out work on the Class 4 and Class 7 vehicles.
CLASS 4 TESTS (MOST CARS AND VANS) COST £30 ( INCLUDING FREE RETEST if work is done in premises. 10-pound fee applies if not.)
CLASS 7 TESTS (VANS FROM 3000KG TO 3500KG) COST £50 ( INCLUDING FREE RETEST if work is done in premises. 10-pound fee applies if not.)
SPECIAL DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR TRADE CUSTOMERS SUCH AS TAXI DRIVERS ETC.
Need more convincing for MOT Glasgow? Then check out our genuine customer reviews from here.
Class 4 vehicle MOT testing covers the following types of vehicles:
- - Cars (up to 8 passengers Seats) and Motor Caravans
- - 3 Wheeled Vehicles (over 450kg unladen weight)
- - Quads (max unladen weight 400kg- for goods vehicle 550kg and max. net power of 15kw)
- - Dual purpose Vehicles
- - Private Hire vehicles and PSVs ( up to 8 Seats)
- - Good Vehicles (up to 3.000kg DGW)
- - Ambulances & Taxis
- - ( Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles may be subject to additional Local requirements)
- - Private Passengers Vehicles and Ambulance
- - ( 9-12 Passengers Seats)Class 7 covers the following vehicle types:
- - Good Vehicles (over 3000kg up to 3500kg DGW)
So don’t delay call us on 01414290919 to book your MOT Test Now
What do the new MOT requirements mean for motorists in Glasgow?
Well there are 5 main things that have changed with regards to MOT regulations in Glasgow.
The changes affect cars, vans, motorcycles and other light passenger vehicles.
There are 5 main changes are:
1. Defects will be categorised differently.
Problems found in the MOT will be put in the following categories:
- - Dangerous
- - Major
- - Minor
- - Advisories
The MOT glasgow tester will decide what category to place your vehicle in depending on the nature and extent of the problems they find.
What the new categories mean
|Item result||What it means about the item||How it affects your MOT result|
|Dangerous||A direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment.
Do not drive the vehicle until it’s been repaired.
|Major||It may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment.
Repair it immediately.
|Minor||No significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment.
Repair as soon as possible.
|Advisory||It could become more serious in the future.
Monitor and repair it if necessary.
|Pass||It meets the minimum legal standard.
Make sure it continues to meet the standard.
2. There will be more stringent requirements for diesel car emissions
Your vehicle will fail if the MOT tester:
- - Can see any colour of smoke coming from your exhaust
- - Finds any evidence that the DPF has been tampered with or removed
Diesel Particulate Filter or the DPF as it is called captures and stores exhaust soot to reduce emissions from diesel powered cars.
3. Some new requirements have been introduced to MOT testing
The new items that will be tested during MOT’s from now on include:
- - Visibly underinflated tyres
- - Contaminate brake fluid
- - Potential fluid leaks posing an environmental risk
- - Brake pad warning lights and if brake pads or discs are missing
- - Reversing lights on vehicles first used from 1 September 2009
- - Headlight washers on vehicles first used from 1 September 2009 (if they have them)
- - Daytime running lights on vehicles first used from 1 March 2018 (most of these vehicles will have their first MOT in 2021 when they’re 3 years old)
- - Also other smaller changes to how some components will be checked.
4. The layout of your MOT certificate has changed
The current MOT test certificate will change to a new format to list the new types of defects clearly and in an easy to read manner.
5. On the plus side some vehicles over 40 years old won’t need an MOT!
Unfortunately that makes a tiny % of Glasgow motorists I’m sure.